Features represent the functionalities, services, products, resources, options, modules, etc. that you package into offers to sell to your customers.
In other words, a feature is a component of an offer or subscription that manages everything that is variable (prices, quantities, specifications, option activation, etc.).
Features allow you to:
- Define a specific quantity in each offer.
“2 users,” “5 users,” etc.
- Add additional fees if a customer wants to increase a quantity in their subscription.
“+10 euros per additional unit”
- Define tiers with decreasing prices.
- Enable usage-based billing, freemium, or consumption-based payment.
- Offer paid or free options that customers can activate at the time of subscription or later.
A feature is modeled using a set of attributes such as:
- Technical reference
- Type: Limitation, Consumption, or OnOff.
- A visible feature will be displayed in the offers on the hosted pages.
- A non-visible feature will not be displayed (useful for configuring technical components of your offer that you do not want to market).
Parameters in an Offer or Subscription
Once the feature has been created, it can be added to any offer or subscription.
You can then set properties to customize the behavior of the feature within the chosen offer or subscription.
The configurable properties are as follows:
- Price: Is the feature paid or free?
Regardless of the type of feature, the most interesting configuration is probably the pricing. This pricing depends on several variables:
- Included or optional? At what price or from what quantity?
- Unit pricing, batch pricing, or flat-rate pricing?
- Graduated or volume-based pricing?
- Modifiable by the customer before subscription
Allows the customer to choose the quantity of the feature during offer subscription.
- Modifiable by the customer after subscription
Allows the customer to modify the quantity of the feature after subscribing to an offer, directly in their subscription.
- Free during trial period
Modifying the quantity of a feature is free during the trial period. Additional costs will be charged after the trial period, during the first paid period of the subscription.
- Full periods are billable
- When a quantity is added during a period, the total costs are billed.
- When a quantity is subtracted during a period, the costs already added for the current period are not refunded.
If no: all additional costs and refunds are prorated.
- Current quantity: the quantity, the counter, for this feature at time T
- Included quantity: the quantity that is not billed.
We can therefore say that the billed quantity is the delta between the current quantity and the included quantity.
An offer provides access to a set of software. However, to access the various software, a license is required. This offer contains an included quantity of 2 licenses.
If I subscribe to this offer, I will have a subscription with 2 licenses. I want to have 2 additional licenses for my new employees.
Here, I have an offer with an included quantity of licenses of 2 and a current quantity of 4. The first 2 are not counted as paid, and the next 2 can be counted depending on how the feature was configured.
Click the link for more details on tier configuration.
Graduated or Volume-Based Pricing?
Click the link for more details on these types of pricing.
There are several processes related to features that will help you manage the commercialization of your service on a daily basis.
|Creating a Feature||Create a feature to enhance your offers. Allows you to enrich your offers to optimize the commercialization of your services.||A new feature will be available and can be added when creating your offers or subscriptions.|
|Modifying a Feature||To change the basic attributes (name, localized title/reference, visibility) or in case of input errors or in the context of an update to the service’s commercialization model.||Does not impact the customization of your offers. However, it allows you to rename/hide an existing feature on your hosted pages.|
|Deleting a Feature||Allows you to clean up your feature library to keep only what is useful.||Deletion is only possible if the feature is no longer used (in offers or subscriptions).|
|Editing in an Offer||Modify the pricing when editing an offer.||Updates the pricing of the feature in the offer. This will only be taken into account for new subscriptions based on the offer.|
|Editing in a Subscription||Modify the pricing when editing a subscription. Allows for a customized subscription.||Updates the pricing of the feature in the subscription. This has no impact on the original offer linked to the subscription.|
|Changing the Display Order||To organize your catalog.||The features will be displayed in the order defined in your offers on the hosted pages.|