Deleting or modifying an invoice is illegal!
However, it is still possible to cancel it, provided that you also issue a credit note containing the ‘negative‘ of that invoice. This credit note will be automatically generated by ProAbono upon cancellation.
What can be canceled?
Only invoices that have not been paid yet (in the ‘Payment Due‘ state) can be canceled.
Even if you cannot cancel a paid invoice anymore, you still have the option to issue a refund.
1) Go to the profile of the relevant customer.
- Click on “Subscribers” from the left menu.
- Select the relevant customer.
- Click on the “Invoice” tab.
- Then select the invoice you want to cancel.
2) Open the cancellation form
Once on the invoice profile:
- Open the “Action” menu.
- Click on “Cancel Invoice”.
3) Fill in the required information
A reason must be provided to justify this cancellation.
- Click on the “Cancel Invoice” button to proceed with your action.
If your request has been successfully processed, the invoice will appear with the status “Cancelled“.
Here are other ways to correct an invoice: