However, there are cases where you want to distinguish the buyer from the recipient:
- The “recipient” is the customer who can use the service defined through the subscription.
- The “buyer” is the customer who is billed for the subscription(s) of the beneficiaries.
Example: A franchise network that wants to use a solution:
- Each franchisee wants to have a subscription.
- Only the parent entity is billed for all the subscriptions.
- John Doe is the buyer.
- An subscription based on the Premium offer for the recipient customer Justin time.
View of the ProAbono customer portal integrated into your customer area (Buyer Customer view)
View of the ProAbono customer portal integrated into your customer area (Recipient Customer view)
A recipient customer cannot modify their subscription or activate options.
Only the buyer customer has this possibility if you allow it.
1) Go to the profile of the recipient customer
- Click on “Subscribers” from the left menu.
- Type the name of your customer in the search bar.
From the profile of the customer who will be the Recipient of the subscription,
Click on the “Actions” button > Create a subscription > Select the buyer. The buyer customer must be billable (have a valid payment method).