What is “Multi-seat subscriptions” ?
Multi-seat subscriptions is a type of subscription billing strategy where a business offers a subscription plan that allows multiple users or seats to access a service or product. This model is ideal for businesses that provide services or products that are used by teams or groups of users.
For example, a business may offer a subscription plan that allows multiple employees of a company to access a software tool. The business charges a fee for the subscription plan, and each employee has their own login credentials to access the tool.
Multi-seat subscriptions offer several benefits to both businesses and customers. For businesses, multi-seat subscriptions provide a way to generate revenue from teams or groups of users, rather than just individuals. It also helps to improve customer retention by offering a solution that accommodates different needs and user scenarios. For customers, multi-seat subscriptions provide a way to manage multiple users or seats under a single subscription, which can simplify the billing process and potentially save them money.
Some examples of businesses that offer multi-seat subscriptions include software companies, project management tools, and marketing automation platforms.
5 examples of businesses that use multi-seat subscriptions as part of their subscription billing strategy:
- Trello – Trello is a project management tool that offers multi-seat subscriptions for teams of different sizes. Each team member gets their own account and can collaborate on boards and tasks with other team members.
- Grammarly Business – Grammarly Business is a writing assistant tool that offers multi-seat subscriptions for teams. The tool provides real-time writing suggestions, tone detection, and plagiarism detection, making it ideal for businesses that require high-quality written content.
- Dropbox Business – Dropbox Business offers multi-seat subscriptions that allow teams to store and share files in the cloud. The tool provides unlimited storage and allows team members to collaborate on files in real-time.
- Adobe Creative Cloud for teams – Adobe Creative Cloud for teams offers multi-seat subscriptions that allow teams to access Adobe’s suite of creative tools, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Each team member gets their own account, making it easy to collaborate on creative projects.
- Salesforce – Salesforce offers multi-seat subscriptions for its customer relationship management (CRM) software. The tool allows teams to manage customer interactions, track sales, and automate marketing campaigns, making it an essential tool for businesses that rely on sales and marketing to drive growth.